Our ‘Pay-How-You-Can’ Farmer’s Market kicks off on Wednesday, June 24 with locally grown produce and fresh foods from Rebel Farm, Mile High Microgreens, Comal Heritage Food Incubator, Rebel Bread and more!
Lost City, Focus Points Family Resource Center and East Denver Food Hub are proud to bring a ‘pay-how-you-can’ weekly farmers market to the Globeville Elyria-Swansea (GES) community over the summer and fall season.
This area of Metro Denver is one of the largest food deserts in the country, meaning access to affordable, high-quality fresh food is limited. Lost City believes access to wholesome foods is central to a healthy, balanced lifestyle and is committed to providing fruits and vegetables to residents in this community where food insecurity is an ongoing battle. The market’s ‘pay-how-you-can’ model provides everyone affordable access to healthy, seasonal produce and other essential pantry items.
Attendees will be able to purchase delicious food from local farmers and
vendors in a fun and safe environment while supporting neighbors’ recovery. A percentage of every purchase going directly to a support fund that allows attendees to pay what they can afford, or receive items at no cost.
- Where: TAXI complex near Lost City (3455 Ringsby Ct.)
- When: June 24, 2020 – October 28, 2020
- Time: Wednesday evenings from 5 – 8 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of vendors will be at the market? We aim to highlight independent local vendors who prioritize giving back to the community. Fresh produce and goods from farm partners and local vendors. Additional offerings later in the season may include artisan vendors, live music, arts and crafts, ice cream, etc.
- How does the ‘pay-how-you-can-model’ work? Once inside the market, certain farm stands will be designated as ‘pay-how-you-can.’ Upon checkout, employees and volunteers will ask you how you’d like to pay and you’ll have three options:
- Option #1 – You can pay full price for your a la carte items or pre-packaged farm boxes via cash or credit card.
- Option #2 – You may pay what you can; whether this is a few dollars or nothing at all.
- Option #3 – You may pay for your produce by volunteering at a future market and helping us keep this going for our community.
- How is the ‘pay-how-you-can-model’ funded? We have established a fund that will initially cover up to $2000 worth of produce and goods weekly for those who need it. This fund will focus mainly on subsidizing nutritious and low-cost produce from select partners, which we will rotate as needed. We will raise additional funds weekly to support our community’s access to nutritious food.
- I’m interested in selling at the market. How do I get involved? If you are a vendor interested in setting up a booth at the market, you may fill out the Vendor Request Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is the market safe? Will there be social distancing? Yes, Lost City and all employees, volunteers, vendors and partners will be following strict cleaning and social distancing guidelines. We ask that anyone attending the market abide by the following rules:
- If you are feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please refrain from attending the market.
- Face masks will be required at all times in the market, as well as at the pick-up station.
- Entrance/exit of the market will be clearly marked with volunteers helping to direct the flow of people. Please respect the boundaries of the market and only enter and exit at the designated area.
- Wash or sanitize hands often. Hand sanitizer stations and bathrooms will be marked.
- Practice social distancing (6ft) and follow the markings on the ground to navigate the market’s ONE WAY flow.
- Vendors and designated volunteers will bag and handle products. For the time being, we ask that you do not bring any reusable bags and only use the paper ones we will have.
- Touchless money (debit/credit cards) are encouraged.
- All food will be to-go only. We cannot do sampling or eating at the market.